The Prairie Research Institute (PRI) and its five constituent surveys—the Illinois Natural History Survey, Illinois State Archaeological Survey, Illinois State Geological Survey, Illinois Sustainable Technology Center, and Illinois State Water Survey—serve the state of Illinois by providing rigorous, objective scientific research, data, and expertise to help understand, manage, and protect our essential natural resources. With around 600 full-time staff, PRI is one of the largest research institutes at the University of Illinois.
PRI is based in Urbana-Champaign, a diverse, affordable, micro-urban community. Learn more about Urbana-Champaign.
U of I HR provides more information about applying to and working at the University of Illinois, including available benefits.
If you have questions about any PRI open positions or the application process, contact a member of our human resources team:
- Amy Dillman: email@example.com | 217-333-0431
- Jon Freiman: firstname.lastname@example.org | 217-244-2687
- Amber Hall: email@example.com
- Lori Walston-Vonderharr: firstname.lastname@example.org | 217-244-2401
- Megan Weeks: email@example.com | 217-244-4768
- Janice Pankey (Archaeological Survey jobs only): firstname.lastname@example.org | 217-244-4244